Emgage Michigan Program Associate
Full Time | Application Deadline:
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Emgage Foundation is a national 501 c3, civic education and engagement organization for Muslim Americans that is headquartered in Washington, D.C. with chapters in six states. The program associate position supports Emgage’s mission of increasing the civic participation and representation of Muslim voters through civic education, GOTV operations, issue advocacy, and leadership training. This position will be based out of Michigan and will report to the Michigan ED.
- Advancing the vision and values of Emgage with the Emgage community; and
- Supporting our organizing operations by building a strategic development infrastructure with the development manager.
- Manage organizing efforts
- Manage part-time organizing staff
- Organize events, town halls, and trainings
- Manage and improve database input in Emgage’s CRM, Everyaction.
- Support the planning, implementation, and follow-up of Emgage events.
- Regularly consult with other departments (communications, policy, and organizing) on various initiatives.
- Cultivate strong relationships with funders, Emgage stakeholders, and thought partners.
- Support the training of development practices for Emgage staff and board members.
- Develop clear, coordinated processes for the execution of development operations across the entire organization.
- Track consistent progress metrics across Emgage institutions and chapters
- Support the planning of travel itineraries
- Occasional travel may be required for conventions, Emgage chapter engagement, and Emgage national programming.
- Experienced organizer with knowledge of NGP VAN
- Ability to adapt and pitch diverse framing and messaging for different audience markets
- Comfortable navigating diverse working spaces, including religious and non-religious spaces
- Experience in utilizing a ladder of engagement approach to build active relationships with constituents
- Skilled in planning major events including strategy, venue, vendors, event logistics, invitation outreach, event flow, etc.
- Skilled in stewardship outreach and building strong relationships
- Knowledge of database hygiene and maintenance
- 3+ years of working experience in a fast-paced and effective civic and advocacy organizing, and/or political campaign.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and executing content and strategy for civic or political organizations.
- Strong leadership, quantitative analysis, and organizational skills.
- Project management experience.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work with diverse people and organizations.
- Excellent public-speaking skills with the ability to successfully inspire others toward a common vision or goal.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) nonprofit management, political science or a related field.
- Knowledge of legal constraints of 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) nonprofits.
- Unwavering commitment to social justice and experience with social change organizing.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The position is part of the leadership team of Emgage with a competitive salary in the range of $40,000-$50,000 with the potential for long-term advancement. Our competitive benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401k plan with employer contribution, and paid time off.
To apply to this position please send a cover letter, a resume, and a contact list of 3 professional references to Nada Al-Hanooti at Nalhanooti@emgageusa.org.