Emgage NY Programs Coordinator
Part Time | Application Deadline:
Emgage Metro NY is looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented Programs Coordinator to keep our downtown office running smoothly and efficiently. This is a great opportunity to assist our employees with diverse projects and provide general administrative support.
We’re a small organization that is growing fast, which means there’s lots of room for growth and learning opportunities. Here at Emgage Metro NY, we’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where all employees feel welcomed and valued.
The Programs Coordinator will provide administrative support services for one or more individuals, a department or a division. Assists supervisor in routine personnel, budget and other operational details. This individual will report to the executive director, political director or division head.
- Lead the execution of our NY Metro Chapter Programs and events
- Owns the planning and logistical coordination of meetings and office activities, forums and conferences.
- Create announcements or other informational materials regarding organizational work on EveryAction platform.
- Actively participate as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Draft, edit and format materials such as flyers, leaflets and letters.
- Create and edit informational documents and presentations
- Prepare minutes for all meetings, agendas, correspondence, statistical reports, tables and other documents.
- Organize and maintain files, our Google Drive, and various platforms and tools to better manage the organization’s assets
- Support program staff in assigned project based work
- Assist with special events
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- A commitment to the mission and programs of Emgage Metro NY
- Comfortable working in various urban settings and with diverse populations
- Minimum Degree Required: Associate’s Degree (Community College, MBO) Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 2 years experience working in administrative support
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to think critically, strategically and multi-task
- Strong attention to details and deadlines is imperative
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,) and other platforms such as Every Action, Asana, and Canva
- Prior experience working in civic engagement and advocacy
English (Speak, Read, Write)
Added plus: Arabic, Urdu and or Bengali
Pay:$15 – $20 dollars per hour based on experience
Work commitment: 25 – 40 hours per week
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.