Emgage Texas Chapter Executive Director Position
Full Time | Application Deadline:
Organization Profile: Emgage Foundation is a national civic
education and engagement organization for Muslim Americans
that is headquartered in Washington, D.C. with chapters in six
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS: Responsible for leading and managing Emgage’s Texas chapter.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Executive Director (ED) serves as the primary leader, external champion, and internal manager of Emgage’s
Texas chapter, including its staff and volunteers. The ED is responsible for developing a state-wide agenda in
alignment with State Committee guidelines and implementing it as well as implementing Emgage’s National
agenda. The ED is the chief “manager” and “community organizer” for the Chapter, translating strategy into action
and results through developing and executing annual strategic and operating financial and marketing plans.
The ED represents the organization with key stakeholders, including civic and religious organizations, partners,
elected officials, and the media.
The ED ensures an effective execution of our programs, while also managing the growth and sustainability of the
Chapter. An effective ED is able to both lead the Chapter team at its current size and scope, and successfully
strategize and manage future growth. 50% of ED time will be focused on staff oversight, program management,
program planning and financial management, 30% on communications and 20% on growth and development.
Quarterly travel to National Staff Meetings and extensive travel to Texas’ cities with significant Muslim
communities will likely be required.
Staff Management: Lead, support, and manage the state team in coordination with the CEO and State Committee.
Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly work updates. Conduct bi-annual performance evaluation of staff. Ensure
that your state has a database of at least 25 active volunteers who can be engaged to support activities at various
Program Execution: Ensure execution of core organizational programs throughout the year in the areas of Muslim
voter engagement, civic education, leadership development and data analytics on voter trends. At a minimum
conduct 2 civic engagement events per month at religious and/or cultural centers.
Community Organizing: Develop and execute tactics to engage and recruit a wide-range of Muslim community
stakeholders for civic and political events and initiatives. Execute a robust GOTV program including phone banking,
voter registration, candidate forums, and early voting.
Communications: Develop and execute marketing and communications plans for the Chapter to increase brand
awareness, membership, donations, volunteers, email distribution, social media following, and digital footprint.
Provide fresh content on a regular basis to the national communications team to amplify across all national media
platforms. This includes weekly updates for the national newsletter.
Social Media: Monitor and update social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc.) in publicizing
upcoming events. Maintain following among current members and build following among new Muslims in Texas.
This area will require using social media and advertising to grow our base. Members of the Emgage Texas team will
be involved with content creation and rely on your ability to advertise and disseminate the content to current and
Fundraising/Development: Support chapter fundraising and development to meet annual and long-term revenue
goals. Identify, cultivate, solicit, and manage strategic relationships with funders with an emphasis on foundations;
work with the CEO and Texas Committee Chairperson to build a sustainable revenue model.
Financial Management: Ensure fiscally-sound budgeting, forecasting, expense management, and cash flow for Chapter budget.
Legislative: With input from the State Committee, identify top legislative issues for the state and develop a
strategy to achieve impact. Trains and provides guidance to chapter’s staff and ensures that Emgage Texas’ core
priorities and principles are represented at the Texas capitol. Report legislative priorities to the National Legislative
Data Management: Work with CEO on metrics for voter registration and canvassing. Build your state’s email
distribution list. Build C3 and C4 membership in your state.
C4/PAC: Develop a C4/PAC strategy with the state committee and CEO, including identifying key races to focus on.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports directly to the CEO and Chairperson of the State Committee.
SALARY: Competitive based on experience. Our competitive benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401k plan with employer contribution, and paid time off.
● Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferred 3 – 5 years’ management and project management experience.
● Experience planning and executing successful individual donor cultivation and retention events.
● Familiarity with influential members of the Muslim community, local business leaders, civic, and cultural
networks highly desired.
● Ability to simultaneously manage short-term and long-term plans and goals.
● Ability to lead and motivate staff and volunteers.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, changing environment.
● Exhibit strong desire to work with a diverse group of individuals. Must be able to liaison with religious and
cultural organizations that share values with Emgage and the Texas Muslim community.
● Demonstrate excellent written, public speaking, and organizational skills; high level of attention to detail a
● Outstanding leadership and management skills overseeing a complex enterprise at a high level of
● Ability and experience working in an entrepreneurial and dynamic organization. Entrepreneurial mindset.
● Capacity to both effectively manage the Chapter to success in its current state, and to lead future growth and
● High level of organizational and political sophistication, especially as it relates to connecting programs to
funding, creatively generating other resources, and building collaborative and strategic partnerships.
● Proven skills and experience in fundraising and/or sales, with the ability to meet revenue goals.
● Preference for candidates with political campaign or grassroots organizing experience
● Outstanding relationship management skills; ability to build relationships with senior level stakeholders.
● Familiarity with using applicable aspects of social media to enhance the growth of an organization.
● Commitment to excellence and our mission.
All interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.