National Director of Business Operations
Full Time | Application Deadline:
Emgage, a leading Muslim American voter mobilization and issue advocacy organization is looking to fill a number of positions to meet its growing needs. Founded in 2006, Emgage achieved national prominence in 2020 by hosting candidate Joe Biden at its Emgage Action Summit and helping turn-out over one million Muslim voters during the 2020 Million Muslim Votes Campaign. The organization is headquartered in Washington, D.C. with chapters in Virginia, Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Texas, and New York. As a leading Get Out The Vote (GOTV) and social justice/human rights issue advocacy organization, Emgage has a network of partnerships with local and state grassroots organizations across the country. Emgage also has strategic partnerships and works in coalitions with a diverse set of leading national organizations.
Emgage is seeking an experienced operations professional to oversee daily activities. The Director of Business Operations (DBO) will have a sharp business mind and proven success managing multiple departments for maximum productivity. The ideal candidate has deep experience in human resources, finance, and IT management. Additionally, they have a proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of trust, diversity, and inclusion. The ultimate goal is to increase Emgage’s operational efficiency and ensure staff morale and wellness. The DBO at Emgage oversees operational activities across the organization and provides oversight and evaluation of mission-critical programs. The DBO hires and on-boards new employees, and puts in place the processes and systems to ensure that our workforce is thriving. The DBO is an essential member of the Emgage’s Leadership Team. The position is located at the National Office in Washington, D.C., but is currently remote.
Ideal candidates are those with proven leadership traits and experiences in their respective fields. They must be committed to advancing the rights, values, and ideas of underrepresented communities. Emgage offers competitive salaries, generous retirement and healthcare benefits, and a positive work environment that promotes wellness, growth, and personal fulfillment.
- Review and improve current operations processes across all departments to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity
- Help Emgage’s chapters deliver on mission-critical programs
- Ensure recruitment, retention, and wellbeing of employees
- Develop and utilize an operations dashboard to track progress on mission-critical projects
- Maintain constant communication with management, staff, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the organization
- Implement an internal communication and knowledge sharing system
- Support annual operations and budget development process.
- Manage human resources, including tracking staffing requirements, hiring and onboarding new employees, and resolving HR issues.
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable departments
- Manage data collection for updating operations metrics to achieve project goals, recommend improvements, and communicate impact.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to improve tools and systems
- Work closely with legal and finance departments to ensure that activities remain compliant
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in operations management, business administration, or related field
- Five or more years of proven experience in an operations management role
- Demonstrated ability to develop operational plans, and track and evaluate programs
- Strong budget development and oversight skills
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational oversight of branch operations
- Highly trained in human resources management, mentoring, and evaluation
- Knowledge of business IT solutions, software, and processes, and an aptitude for learning new applications
- Demonstrable track record in managing multiple projects and multitasking at the strategic and tactical level
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The position is part of the leadership team of Emgage with a competitive salary and potential for long term advancement. Our competitive benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401k plan with employer contribution, and paid time off.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should send an email with a CV to Silvia Larranaga at SLarranaga@emgageusa.org.