Tampa Communications and Outreach Coordinator
Part Time | Application Deadline: 11/02/2020 12:00am
The Communications and Outreach Coordinator (COC) will manage general chapter administrative and operational duties to ensure logistical success and day-to-day processes run smoothly. They will assist with chapter duties and activities and manage outgoing communications. Additionally, the COC is responsible for quality control of voter registration campaigns in the Tampa area. The goal of the COC is to continuously share the story of Emgage’s work in an impactful and moving way that speaks to the public, media, and organizational peers while promoting Florida Chapter GOTV plans. The COC will support chapter general communications, media, and marketing needs to ensure the chapter’s logistical success. The COC is responsible for reporting to the Florida Executive Director and Operations Director. The ideal candidate is a team player, detail-oriented, and passionate about civic engagement and political empowerment.
Coordinator Job Duties:
- Develop a GOTV plan for Tampa with the National Organizing Director and the Florida Operations Manager. Action items may include: setting up phone banking dates, absentee ballot drives, voter registration events, social media blitz, etc.
- Execute the Tampa GOTV plan. Meet agreed upon metrics of calls made, voters registered, social media postings posted, positive IDs collected, text messages sent, etc
- Amplify the Million Muslim Votes campaign on social media and via eblasts as well as other communications platforms.
- Assist the Tampa local committee to screen and endorse candidates by following the National endorsement process.
- Amplify the endorsement of Tampa candidates as well as provide support, as needed, on amplification of Florida-wide endorsements.
- Provide as needed assistance to the Florida Operations Manager on other communications and organizing duties, with consideration to existing Tampa duties and priorities.
Skills and Qualifications:
Self-Driven; Excellent Service Skills; Exceptional Communication Skills; Strong Writer;
Ability to Maintain a Strict Level of Confidence; Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs;
Proficiency with CRM capabilities; Attention to Detail; Strong Problem Solving Skills;
Excellent Organizational Skills; Highly Motivated and Ability to Prioritize Efficiently
Professional Appearance; Excellent Typing Skills; Ability to Work Alone or As Part of a
Team; Enthusiastic and Reliable; Knowledge of Basic Office Management Procedures;
Reliable, Previous Experience in a Related Field Preferred; and Ability to Engage with
Others on a Regular Basis, Experience with EveryAction and/or Canva software
Position is a part-time 20 hours per week, contract position at a rate of $2,000/month. Contractors are responsible for filing their own taxes. This position is contracted on a probationary period of three (3) months, ending November 13, 2020. Following, the COC will have a review with the Operations Director and opportunity for potential extension. Future growth opportunities with the chapter are also possible based on performance and availability. Some regional travel required (must own a car) and work on select Fridays, weekends, and holidays.
Emgage is a nonprofit and nonpartisan civic education and mobilization organization
dedicated to strengthening the engagement of Muslim Americans with the political
process and their elected leaders. Our programs include voter education, voter
engagement, community outreach, and leadership development. We have chapters in
Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, Michigan, Florida, and Texas.
Emgage Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Emgage Foundation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.