Emgage Development Associate
Full Time | Application Deadline:
JOB TITLE: Development Associate
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.; Remote
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Emgage Foundation is a national civic education and engagement organization for Muslim Americans that is headquartered in Washington, D.C. with chapters in six states. We are seeking an experienced, mission-driven professional to support the development operation. The development department supports our fundraising operations for the Emgage family of institutions for Emgage national and local chapters. This department seeks to advance the Emgage mission with value-aligned thought partners and supporters. The development associate will support database maintenance of a central CRM, fundraising research, annual fund campaign implementation, outreach with prospective donors, and engagement with key grantors.
- Advancing the vision and values of Emgage with the Emgage community; and
- Supporting our development operations by building a strategic development infrastructure with the development manager.
- Lead the implementation of the Emgage Annual Fund Campaign
- Manage and improve database input in Emgage’s CRM, Everyaction.
- Provide research briefs on prospective donors, funders, and other funding opportunities.
- Support the planning, implementation, and follow-up of Emgage events.
- Regularly consult with other departments (communications, policy and organizing) on various initiatives.
- Cultivate strong relationships with funders, Emgage stakeholders, and thought partners.
- Support the drive of donor retention rates from the existing pool of supporters
- Stay current on best practices, trends, and technologies related to fundraising and development.
- Support the training of development practices for Emgage staff and board members
- Develop clear, coordinated processes for the execution of development operations across the entire organization.
- Track consistent, progress metrics across Emgage institutions and chapters
- Along with the Development Manager, personally represent the organization in donor and funder engagements.
- Support the planning of travel itineraries
- Occasional travel may be required for conventions, Emgage chapter engagement, and Emgage national programming.
- Ability to adapt and pitch diverse framing and messaging for different audience markets
- Comfortable navigating diverse working spaces including religious and non-religious spaces
- Experience in utilizing a ladder of engagement approach to build active relationships with constituents
- Skilled in planning major events including strategy, venue, vendors, event logistics, invitation outreach, event flow, etc.
- Skilled in stewardship outreach and building strong relationships
- Knowledge of database hygiene and maintenance
- 3+ years of working experience in a fast-paced and effective civic and advocacy organizing, and/or political campaign.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and executing content and strategy for civic or political organizations.
- Strong leadership, quantitative analysis, and organizational skills.
- Project management experience.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work with diverse people and organizations.
- Excellent public-speaking skills with the ability to successfully inspire others toward a common vision or goal.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in fundraising, nonprofit management, political science or a related field.
- Knowledge of legal constraints of 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) nonprofits.
- Unwavering commitment to social justice and experience with social change organizing.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The position is part of the leadership team of Emgage with a competitive salary in the range of $60,000-$70,000 with the potential for long-term advancement. Our competitive benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401k plan with employer contribution, and paid time off.
To apply to this position please send a cover letter, a resume, and a contact list of 3 professional references to Aysha Ahmed at firstname.lastname@example.org.