Intern | Application Deadline:
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.; Remote
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Emgage Foundation is a national civic education and engagement organization for Muslim Americans that is headquartered in Washington, D.C. with chapters in six states. We are seeking a young professional interested in learning more about development and fundraising. The development department supports our fundraising operations for the Emgage family of institutions for Emgage national and local chapters. This department seeks to advance the Emgage mission with value-aligned thought partners and supporters. The development internship will support database maintenance of a central CRM, fundraising research, annual fund campaign implementation, events management, outreach with prospective donors, and engagement with key grantors.
Advancing the vision and values of Emgage with the Emgage community; and
Supporting our development operations by building a strategic development infrastructure with the development manager.
- Support the implementation of the Emgage Annual Fund Campaign
- Support database input in Emgage’s CRM, Everyaction
- Develop research briefs on prospective donors, funders, and other funding opportunities
- Support the planning, implementation, and follow-up of Emgage events
- Regularly consult with other departments (communications, policy, and organizing) on various initiatives
- Support cultivation of strong relationships with funders, Emgage stakeholders, and thought partners
- Support the drive of donor retention rates from the existing pool of supporters
- Stay current on best practices, trends, and technologies related to fundraising and development
- Support the training of development practices for Emgage staff and board members
- Support the development of clear, coordinated processes for the execution of development operations across the entire organization
- Track consistent, progress metrics across Emgage institutions and chapters
- Along with the Development Manager, personally represent the organization in donor and funder engagements.
- Support the planning of travel itineraries
- Ability to adapt and pitch diverse framing and messaging for different audience markets
- Comfortable navigating diverse working spaces including religious and non-religious spaces
- Experience in utilizing a ladder of engagement approach to build active relationships with constituents
- Skilled in executing major events including strategy, venue, vendors, event logistics, invitation outreach, event flow, etc.
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to input metrics in a central database
- Strong leadership, quantitative analysis, and organizational skills
- Project management experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work with diverse people and organizations
- Strong public-speaking skills
- Interest in fundraising, nonprofit management, political science, or a related field
- Knowledge of legal constraints of 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) nonprofits
- Commitment to social justice and experience with social change organizing
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The position is part of the leadership team of Emgage with competitive compensation or college credit with the potential for long-term advancement.
To apply to this position please send a cover letter, a resume, and a contact list of 3 professional references to Aysha Ahmed at email@example.com.