Emgage Virginia Regional Organizer
| Application Deadline:
Emgage, a leading Muslim American voter mobilization and issue advocacy organization is looking to fill a number of positions to meet its growing needs. Founded in 2006, Emgage achieved national prominence in 2020 by hosting candidate Joe Biden at its Emgage Action Summit and helping turn-out over one million Muslim voters during the 2020 Million Muslim Votes Campaign. The organization is headquartered in Washington, D.C. with chapters in Virginia, Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Texas, and New York. As a leading Get Out The Vote (GOTV) and social justice/human rights issue advocacy organization, Emgage has a network of partnerships with local and state grassroots organizations across the country. Emgage also has strategic partnerships and works in coalitions with a diverse set of leading national organizations.
Ideal candidates are those with proven leadership traits and experiences in their respective fields. They must be committed to advancing the rights, values, and ideas of underrepresented communities. Emgage offers competitive salaries, generous retirement and healthcare benefits, and a positive work environment that promotes wellness, growth, and personal fulfillment.
Emgage Foundation is a national 501 c3, civic education and engagement organization for Muslim Americans that is headquartered in Washington, D.C. with chapters in six states. The Community Organizer position supports Emgage’s mission of increasing the civic participation and representation of Muslim voters through civic education, GOTV operations, issue advocacy, and leadership training. This position will be based out of Virginia and reports to the Virginia ED and National Organizing team.
- Work closely with the Virginia ED and Emgage national team in Washington to ensure that all organizing and advocacy activities are directly tied to our overall platform and our constituents’ needs, and that our annual performance goals are achieved
- Represent Emgage’s civic organizing, voter mobilization, and advocacy within the given region
- Build base of supporters that can be activated to advance the overall agenda of the organization.
- Lead GOTV efforts in your area, including by planning and executing phone banking and canvassing operations.
- Recruit and train local organizers to support GOTV and other civic engagement activities.
- Plan and manage civic education events, including town halls, issue forums, and nonpartisan candidate forums.
- Help to build and manage relationships with local, state, and federal representatives, ensuring that they are aware and supportive of our issues.
- Lead local community in engagement with elected officials and policymakers on key local, state, and national issues.
- Build base of grasstops supporters who can use their status and influence in support of our mission.
- Identify and manage partnerships with high-value coalitions that expand our reach.
- Participate in the Emgage weekly national staff calls
- At least 3 years relevant experience in organizing, be it in on a national scale, through local grassroots organizations, as a student leader, etc – but with a proven track record of leading others towards social justice change
- Deep and profound commitment to ensuring equity in the advocacy process and in ensuring that those with the least power have a voice at the table in our advocacy work
- Dynamic, confident and compelling presentation style that will draw our constituency base to our work and convince others of the importance of our cause
- Proven experience in building consensus amongst diverse stakeholders
- Ability to inspire others to work in collaboration and take action towards our goals
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of the legislative process at the local, state and national level
- Ability to navigate the competing priorities of our varied stakeholders and to sift through and prioritize the many issue areas that come our way on a constant basis
- Past success finding resources to support the program (be it funding or in kind)
- Unwavering commitment to social justice and experience with social change organizing.
This is a full-time position. In addition to a unique and dynamic work environment. Emgage offers healthcare and retirement benefits, as well as paid sick and annual leave. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Emgage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 Professional references